2017-07-08

Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons | The Met


I'm obsessed with the Met Gala, so when I knew I was going to NYC I knew that I had to visit the exhibition. This year the exhibition is Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art of the In-Between and even before I came I watched this amazing documentary on Netflix called 'The First Monday In May' which was all about the 'China; Through the Looking Glass' exhibition a couple of years ago. It's incredibly interesting but this year the exhibition did not disappoint. 
The juxtaposition of the exaggerated, dramatised designs in comparison to the pure, white background was perfect. Each set of pieces had a different theme and title and the designs are so modern and chic that I'd wear them everyday if I could. The exhibition for me represented a free and emancipated silhouette that encompasses so much drama within the garments. The pictures don't really do the whole exhibition the justice it deserves, by hey I'll try. If you're in NYC though,this is a must see. 























I hope you enjoyed the small glimpse and the exhibition is available at the Met in NYC until 4th September 2017

xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion Fallen | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig