2017-05-14

Dior's Cruise Show 2018 | Fashion


Ever since Maria Grazia Chiuri has taken the helm as Creative Director at Dior, I have been enchanted with her collections. Dior is one of those designers that I liked but didn't necessarily love. I actually watched these two amazing documentaries; one about Dior in general, with Chiuri's journey in creating her first collection and 'Dior and I' that is currently on Netflix about Raf Simmons' first collection for the house. Though when Dior's 2018 cruise collection was shown a mere few days ago, the concept and clothing was so different to the Dior I've seen before. Chiuri encapsulates the modern women which I thought fit perfectly with the Californian location, but she uses colours and patterns incredibly well. Plus the styling is insane. 

Paired with modern cowboy hats, the whole show looked straight out of a Western film which was part of its charm. What I love about runway is the way that it all fits together into one conceptual theme and the way in which each object and location fit into this concept was masterful. There aren't many designers that create shows where they throw everything at one theme instead of minimalist locations. What made McQueen so interesting was how each show told a story, which some designers don't seem to follow. You may have impeccable clothing but it's the whole package that brings the show to life. 

Here are my favorite looks from the collection.







What's your favourite look?



*All images are from Google and I do not own them*

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion Fallen | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig