2018-04-02

The City of Light | Travel



So it's been a long time. Especially with this post, because Paris seems a lifetime ago but really I was there only two (ish) weeks ago. But anyway, I'm back and I feel happy, healthy and surrounded by love. 

I got the chance to visit Paris, again, which I'm so grateful and lucky for especially because I got to spend time with new and old friends. Paris really is better when you're a fashion student with all your best pals; but then again Paris is better every time I've been. Of course, I took a thousand Instagram pictures and my previous post details all my favourite outfits from my little trip away. After my last travel guide, I got so many positive responses so here I am again, back in my favourite city, doing my favourite things, so enjoy!

This was also the first time I've been to Paris as a vegan which was challenging when all your friends (minus one - you know who you are) eat meat and dairy. But I survived. 



Transport 

It's true that the best way to travel is by local transport if you truly want to experience the city. I had a 3-day metro card which is super cheap and their metro system is so much easier and better than the tube.The only con is the stress you get when you have to open the doors manually on some of the metro trains and those doors are tough as shit. 

Equally walking is also amazing. Especially when you're acquainting yourself with the city and finding where everything is. Paris is like any city because everything you want to see is connected by a short walking distance. 






Food 

It's always a struggle trying to find places to eat where all my friends, meat eaters, gluten free and vegan, can all eat comfortably and Paris is so exception to this rule. I do find that London tends to have more options when it comes to vegan restaurants but that could just be my opinion and of course if i had a longer time in Paris I would definitely be at a new vegan restaurant everyday. They are also out of the main areas which does give you a chance to see different parts of the city. I obviously didn't get to go to a lot of vegan places and the food I did have in more mainstream restaurants wasn't amazing but I do have a favourite cafe. 

 We got food from a little coffee shop, Cloud Cakes (6 rue Mandar 75002 Paris), which is in the cutest area. Somewhere that I like to call the Covent Garden of Paris, but 10x better than Covent Garden. I got a Matcha Latte (the first and not the last time I've ever tired this beautiful drink sent from the heavens), a red velvet cake, a cinnamon roll and a cheesecake. You best believe I ate all of that to myself. It was beautiful. Vegan or not, it's worth going there.







Accommodation 

I stayed in Generator, which is a hostel, with my friends and surprisingly it was lovely. When my friend got too drunk, we ended up going to the hostel 'club' which was the weirdest experience of my life but also strangely brilliant when you're drunk. The staff were lovely, the rooms were nice too and the food there was brilliant. Particularly the Veggie burger which they, very nicely, made vegan for me. Hostels are a great way to spend less money and see a different side to going away. It's the same with Air BnB also, you see a much more local side to the city, as well as meeting other travellers. It's 30 seconds away from the nearest metro, which is Colonel Fabien, and it's only a 15 minute walk from the Eurostar. 






Sights 

There are so many classic sights in Paris. Of course, if you've been to the more mainstream, tourist places and are looking for places elsewhere, then this applies to you. You might think I'm a freak but I've always wanted to go to the Catacombs, and I was willing to queue 2 hours for it. The dedication was real. I highly recommend but if you don't like small spaces then maybe it's not for you. 

As a fashion student it was inevitable that my trip would be filled with fashion exhibitions. The Yves Saint Laurent and Margiela exhibition were within a 10 minute walk from each other and I would highly recommend both. They were both vital and iconic figures in fashion and their work is so well done and exquisite.  Margiela serves as an inspiration to so many design houses, particularly Vetements, and you can see amazing pieces such as the wig coat and the world famous tabi shoes; an iconic fashion piece. 

of course it wouldn't be a trip to Paris without a trip to the Eiffel Tower, the Arc and Notre Dame; all beautiful and all worth the visit. Centre Pompidou is a modern art gallery with so many amazing things, except maybe a white canvas on a wall which frankly I know art is subject to peoples views, but that's where I draw the line. Monet's exhibition was out of this world. His famous painting is in an oval shaped room and truly is a masterpiece that has to be witnessed. 

The amazing thing about Paris is that at most places, you can either get in for free or at a reduced price, if you're a fashion or art student (with proof) or you're under 26. Students need to soak up that free shit. 





















hope you enjoyed it guys and gals 

xoxo


No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion Fallen | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig